If you suspect bedbugs in Kansas City, Milberger Pest Control is here to help. There has been a resurgence of bedbugs in the Kansas City area, and they are a nuisance for hotels, college dorms, hospitals, homes, apartments, and even cars and trucks. Bedbugs can be difficult to identify and even harder to get rid of. Our technicians are specially trained to thoroughly inspect your home or business to find all the places they may be hiding and determine how best to eradicate them, then provide you with a quote at no cost or obligation to you.
The most obvious sign of an infestation is by the tell-tale bite marks – often several in a line – on the face, neck, arms, hands, or any other body parts while sleeping. However, these bite marks may take as long as two weeks to develop in some people so it is important to look for other signs of bedbugs in Kansas City homes and businesses.
Signs of Bedbugs In Kansas City
The most accurate way to identify a possible infestation is to look for physical signs of bedbugs. When cleaning, changing bedding, or staying away from home, look for:
- Rusty or reddish stains on bed sheets or mattresses caused by bedbugs being crushed.
- Dark spots about the size of a period, which are bed bug excrement and may bleed on the fabric like a marker would.
- Eggs and eggshells, which are tiny (about 1mm), pale yellow skins that nymphs shed as they grow larger.
- Live bedbugs.
Where To Look For Bedbugs In Kansas City
When they are not feeding, bedbugs hide in a variety of places. Around the bed, they can be found near the piping, seams and tags of the mattress and box spring, and in cracks on the bed frame and headboard.
If the room is heavily infested, you may find bedbugs:
- In the seams of chairs and couches, between cushions, in the folds of curtains
- In drawer joints
- In electrical receptacles and appliances
- Under loose wallpaper and wall hangings
- At the junction where the wall and the ceiling meet
- Even in the head of a screw!
Since bedbugs in Kansas City are only about the width of a credit card, they can squeeze into extremely small hiding spots. If a crack can hold a credit card, it could hide a bed bug. Be sure to check all around where you’ll be sleeping, and don’t let the bedbugs bite.
If you suspect you may have bedbugs in Kansas City, Milberger Pest Control is here to help. For more information, click here or call us at (816) 761-1313 in Missouri and (913) 384-6760 in Kansas.
Leave a Comment