Winter Termite Control in Kansas City is very important for safeguarding your home’s structure from these wood eating pests. Termites eat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, meaning damage to wood in and around a structure can happen very quickly. In fact, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) estimates that termites cause $5 billion in property damage each year. Don’t let your home be part of that number!
Why are Termites a Threat in Winter?
BusinessWire shares that “Winter weather can leave homes vulnerable to damage and moisture buildup. Termites are experts at finding, and capitalizing, on these faults. Once inside, termites are a major threat, as their constant chewing can compromise the structural integrity of a home from the inside out.” That’s why here in Kansas City, Milberger Pest Control takes termite control very seriously, including treating for winter termite control.
Call Milberger for a free inspection by one of our trained technicians. We don’t send sales people out on termite control inspections, but instead send someone who can discuss options with you to best address your pest problem.
Suspect You May Have A Problem? Look for These:
To help consumers protect their homes, NPMA is sharing the following signs of a termite infestation:
- SWARMERS: Winged termites that invade homes in the springtime. Found in buildings that sustained damage from winter weather, and the rest of the colony follows them.
- DISCARDED WINGS: Found near windowsills and doors and are often the ﬁrst and only outwardly visible sign of a termite problem.
- WOOD DAMAGE: Termites tend to eat wood from the inside out, so wood that sounds hollow when tapped often signiﬁes a termite infestation.
- FRASS: Drywood termites produce these wood-colored droppings, usually in a small pile that looks like pellets, as they eat through wood.
- MUD TUBES: Termites build mud tubes near the foundation of a building to provide moisture while they travel between their colony and a food source.
Work with an Experienced Termite Control Team
Our reviews speak for themselves! Customers trust Everett Milberger Pest Control, and have for over 85 years! Milberger Pest Control is a family owned business, solving termite and pest control problems in the Kansas City metropolitan area since 1936. What that means for you is we are extremely experienced in eliminating the both the pests you see – and the ones you don’t see. Winter is the time to have an inspection and work with our team to put in place a termite control strategy for your home. Call us today (816) 761-1313 in Missouri or (913) 384-6760 in Kansas, or click here to schedule your free inspection today!